Our global connectivity team have been busy perfecting our mobile roaming service specifically designed for organisations who will be sending people to work at the World Cup.
Most of the attention is focused on the players – especially Ronaldo! - and the 1.2 million people who will visit Qatar to watch the 32 teams play in eight stadiums in five cities. The tournament will see four matches per day during the group stage and most events will take place in Doha and the surrounding area so no domestic flights are needed..
But thousands of others will be in the country to work during the tournament. For example, 12,300 journalists from across the world have been accredited by FIFA. Meanwhile, Reuters has reported that hotel operator Accor was recruiting 12,000 temporary overseas employees to operate 65,000 empty rooms in apartments and homes in Qatar as accommodation for fans.
To make their trips go more smoothly, Telecom26 has put together a special global connectivity package. This will ensure that companies that are sending teams to work at the tournament can avoid huge mobile phone bills loaded with expensive roaming charges.
Our global connectivity deal will also be of interest to the luxury yacht companies that will rent out boats to those with more money to spend. The people with cash to splash on renting a floating hotel for the tournament will expect fast and reliable broadband across the entire yacht. They need a five-star global connectivity package to match their five-star surroundings.
Telecom26, Qatar and global connectivity
Our 2022 World Cup global connectivity offer gives organisations an alternative to their existing mobile contract, providing mobile data global connectivity from as little as €1 / GB.
Our Qatar service works by customers ordering second eSIMs (or SIM) for their employees allowing them to connect to local networks in Qatar during the FIFA World Cup via our global connectivity network – and secure huge savings on their mobile data charges when roaming. The benefits are numerous including:
- Prices from €1 / GB
- Bundle options or PAYG
- Use primary number
- Outstanding coverage and data rates
- eSIM or physical SIM
- Simple activation
- Full visibility and control of all subscriptions
- VPN and security options available
- Keep your existing contract and add Telecom26 quickly and easily
- Share and join the action
Data pooling is also available – please Get In Touch for more details
Our Global Connectivity Service
Telecom26 is an independent, global mobile operator offering global connectivity through our multi-network global IoT eSIMs.
We own our network core and operational assets leveraging relationships with more than 1100 network connections and 620 mobile operators to secure unrivalled global connectivity coverage.
We offer a full range of global connectivity telecom services including 5G (where available), LTE-M, WiFi, private networks, 2G, 3G and 4G, as well offshore connectivity capabilities.
Our customers include enterprises, OEMS and NGOs who want a single delivery partner, cross-border solutions and global connectivity that is secure, resilient and can be tailored to meet specific and evolving needs.
At the heart of Telecom26’s IoT service are our global eSIMs and physical SIM cards. Just one of our global eSIMs and physical SIM cards in a device:
- Provides access to all of the networks covered by our global roaming service. That’s 1100+ cellular networks belonging to 650+ mobile operators in 200+ countries.
- Removes the need to worry about the coverage of a single MNO, or the existence of roaming alliances. Our SIMs automatically select the best performing network in the area, cross-border, while providing enterprises with the freedom to change SIM profiles and services with ease.
- Can be customised with routing profiles built for each IoT device according to a customer’s needs and budget. For example, for organisations that are more price sensitive we can ensure that our Global SIM cards automatically connect to the cheapest service in the area.
In addition, Telecom26’s eSIMs and physical SIM cards:
- Are programmable over the air - Over the Air (OTA) updates enable remote control of SIM profiles and it’s easy to add new profiles and adjust services on the fly.
- Have secure, independent architecture based on Standards-based, 3GPP-compliant infrastructure, with Tier-1, carrier-grade performance
- Use API access with a full management portal for business process integration and a comprehensive interface, for full control of IoT devices.
We support all current SIM form factors, including 2FF, 3FF and 4FF – that’s mini, micro and nano, as well as MFF2. In addition to classic SIMs, we also offer Global eSIM, which provides new levels of flexibility.
We take care of the full end-to-end lifecycle, from programming to reprogramming and all necessary updates.
In a nutshell, Telecom26 enables global connectivity and data connectivity, anywhere - so that your device can connect to the best available network, regardless of location.
You can read more about our global roaming and global connectivity services here: https://www.telecom26.ch/network/iot-global-roaming
And, if you’d like to find out how Telecom26 can improve global connectivity for your employees and devices please contact us.
In the meantime, good luck to the players, fans and everyone working at the World Cup.